Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nanchang- Day 4












Last night, we had our dinner in a private dining room at this local restaurant. From the picture it looks as if we are in someone's living room. Our guide chose food that was not too "authentic" and it was delicious, a spicy beef dish, eggplant with green beans, a mushroom soup, pork with rice wraps, and the very best fried rice I've ever had. It all was delicious!! The babies had steamed egg, like custard with some kind of broth. Jameson loved it and the rice. We all laughed at how much she ate.
As you see the bath has become more of an exciting event than torture. I've posted several pictures with Jameson lunging at the camera, just like Owen used to do.


















These pix were shot after the bathing adventure and right before bed. Thought she was going to be ready to pass out after the big dinner she'd ate, but she wasn't as ready to call it a night as Diane and I. The 4 - 4:30 wake calls are wearing us down! We finally just turned off the light. Jameson fussed a little, tossed and turned some, then laid on her belly and "sung" herself to sleep. I guess that was her routine at the orphanage. It breaks my heart that the first nine months of her life was spent there. Well, we'll be making up for that!

















































Went today to the Teng Wang Ge Pavilion. It's significance in history I'm unaware of, but I do know there were a lot of stairs. The only dad in our group, Michael, is a police officer that underwent knee replacement surgery fairly recently. He had it even worse than me! Jameson LOVES to sleep in the sling! She's taking very good naps.
At the pavilion, I had a group of twenty-something Chinese girls come up and gush over Jameson, then ask me to pose in a picture with all of them. Yep, they all wanted a pic with ol' big eyes.



































The bow was literally hanging from her sparce strands of hair, but it does look cute, don't it?????
She's such a blessing, we are SO SO SO proud of her! Can't wait to get her home!!
We're leaving tomorrow afternoon for Guangzhou, the second and last Chinese city we will visit. This is where J. will get her medical exam and visa. And I will be getting to do lots more paperwork at the American Consulate there. Please be praying that everything goes smooth there also. Thanks so much!!
Enjoying seeing China, but I'm sure missing my boys. Hug them for me. Then tell Brian it's just ugly to say the house has never stayed so clean for so many days straight.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm overwhelmed by Jameson! Her smile melts my heart and I'm so thankful that God chose her for The Hayes Family. I think she's a perfect fit. Sounds like things are going fairly smooth for all of you. Can't wait to see you in Bham one week from today! YEAH!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dots! My co-workers at JSU have been following the blog and they are in love with Jameson too. She has become the most popular child on campus! I am so glad that you have only one week left...I just wish it was one day. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the pictures each day!! Jameson continues to be the most beautiful baby girl, and you look great! I expected a little rougher look from you seeing that you are across the world, with a brand new baby, and only had 44 pounds of "stuff" but... NO! :) Keeping you in my prayers! Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful. I have been following everyday. I don't won't to miss any pictures. She didn't seem to have any problem adjusting to you, by the pictures on your first day she look as if she was where she should be. I think she like the camera as well as the bath. She seems to posing for all of us back here. Tell Diane, hello, Love and miss ya'll, see ya when ya'll get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious, Precious, Precious! Jameson's pictures make me SMILE! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete