Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just another day in Nanchang, China...















































































We went sightseeing today to XiangHu Park and to a porcelain shop. Finally, some good ol' shopping!! I bought a gorgeous tea set for my buffet and a precious little tea set for Jameson. This province is especially known for its blue and white porcelain.
The park was beautiful, lots of beautiful trees and flowers. Many grandparents with their grandchildren on this work day. Got to see a few little boys with their split pants, more than I cared to take in, as split pants will allow a young child to just poop wherever and whenever he wants in a park. Even if it's in extremely close proximity to visiting foreigners from Alabama. Sorry I missed that photo op for you Uncle Justin, you'd have loved it.
Jameson has become a fan of the McNugget and french fries. She gummed that nugget like crazy until it came apart and I had to take it away from her.
I was told by an English speaking Chinese lady today that Jameson was a "chunky Chinese baby". Told you Robin!!
For the most part everyone says Jameson's bows are cute. I'll tell you what is not cute. People should not come all the way to China and dress their brand new baby girls in all blue or such gender neutral colors. I've offended more new parents by commenting how cute their sons were.
Jameson is becoming more spoiled by the day, and it's only Day 3!! She likes to be held by the one that is standing up and she's got a pretty loud cry. But she's not upset every time I change her diaper now and she did enjoy her bath last night. I hope the next hotel has a tub.
Well, bye for now. Our group is going to a restaurant around the corner tonight for some of Nanchang's finest cuisine. And no, Brian, not around the corner from the vet's office. I've ventured out and sampled a few more exotic things on the buffet here at the hotel. I even ate some unknown meat on a stick.
Jameson is napping and I may stretch out in front of the fan for a bit before dinner, OMG the humidity!!
More later!

7 comments:

  1. Well, just when I thought the pics couldn't get any cuter- they did! Love the brown hat with the big orange bow. I think you and Ashley may have started something in China! LOL! Mia may be the "Chinese Spider Monkey" but you got the "Chinese Chunky Monkey". We've been laughing about that at school. Anyway, I can't wait to start my morning each day with the new pics so keep them coming. I'm proud of ya sista! Miss you! See you in 9 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she is wearing her panda booties! Too cute! I am so glad that I got to skype with you guys last night, it was refreshing to see you and Diane. I am going to Walmart this weekend to get Jameson plenty of puffs to eat when she gets home. If you think of anything else you want/need, just let me know and I will take care of it. Me and Justin have been on homework duty with Owen....7th grade math is hard for an English teacher. ;) He has almost conquered "mental math." I love you guys and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the pics are cracking me up today. I had prepared you for her to stop eating and nonstop crying due to all the grieving... ummmm... not seeing that happen with you guys... LOL... Mia still won't eat a chicken nugget! I love the caps, they are my favorites... I want to give that baby a big squeeze, she's so darn cute. The days are clicking by and you seem to be doing great. Can't wait to see what you've got for us tomorrow...:)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Now I do believe you did get a "chunky" chinese baby Gina !! Those legs on Jameson are so lovable and kissable and pinchable looking....I cant wait to get my little squeeze in !! Did you know I got Zoe in the same place in Nanchang, Jiangxi..I dont think I realized that until you got to China ! How ironic...Love that baby and taKE in all of China you can because one day will miss it so bad!! Love all the sweet pics and she is the happiest chunkiest Chinese I have ever soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the brown hat with the orange bow TOO CUTE !!!! And you GO GIRL getting the baby started right with some Micky D's....!!!!! I'm so glad to hear things are going well. Praying for you daily love to all. The Decks
    P.S. I love to see thumb suckers thats so cute. Love Ya !!! Grif says hello Mrs Hayes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, I'am loss for words.....she is BEAUTIFUL and I know she is everything you wanted and then some. We are so excited for the entire family. Hurry home so she can get some U3B LOVING....I think of how long you have been waiting, It brings tears to my eyes. She is PRECIOUS. Our love to each of you. Keep the pictures coming. Give MeMe a hug for us....love the outfits, hats & bows.And we love "JAMESON"... BJ&C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mrs. Gina,
    I just had to tell you something real quick, I seen Owen Monday at school and i asked him how the big Bro. was and he said he was good.....smiling the entire time..... Jameson is so precious I can see by the pics which I know she is twice as precious in person ....... Cant wait to see her God is Good!!!!! Coleman

    ReplyDelete