Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tomorrow is the Day!!

This was my first day of "maternity leave". Ha Ha! I know Ms. Reeves is going to do a great job, I've already heard from my co-workers that her first day was a success. I'm going to miss those kids though! I love you guys and will see you soon!!
I have to say that today has just been an emotional roller coaster. The amount of paperwork that I'm having to take is astonishing. I'm extremely anxious about that aspect of the process. But God has given me a true peace about Jameson's transition from her caretakers to us. It's great that we are getting her at such a young age. How can she not have a big smile on her face from Day 1?? I've loved this baby girl for 4 years!!
Two weeks is a long time to be away from Owen and Brian. Brian has had me in training for this for years, with his 10 ten day Canada fishing trips, but I've never been away from Owen for near this long. He has a lot of fun activities planned, but if you see him, give Big O a hug for me!! He's just going to make the best big brother ever. But what warms my heart even more, Jameson is going to think Owen hung the moon. I'm so happy that we're able to give him a sibling. There's just room for ONE only child around here! ha ha ha
Keep us in your prayers, friends. I can't wait to be able to post pix of Jameson. Prayer #1- Good internet access!! I ALSO can't wait to have all the paperwork signed, sealed and delivered!! Pray for a smooth adoption, no bumps!!
Love to you all,
Gina (soon to be mother of two)

No comments:

Post a Comment