Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday, October 19th









Today was our free day, nothing scheduled. Did I mention how great it was to have NO more paperwork to do??
Diane, Jameson and I went to a few stores, Gifts from China, being one of those. All of there profit goes to the orhans in China. So really, I HAD to spend a lot of money in their. Emma's, Jenny's and Jordan's were also favorites of mine.
October the 11th will be Jamesons Gotcha Day each year. I've bought trinkets to give her every year on this day, nothing very expensive, but each will be special as it came from her birth country.

We ate dinner with Anne and Isabelle at a Thai restaurant tonight that was very good. Tomorrow is our last day here in Guangzhou. Guess MeMe and I will have to search out any stores we may have missed this week.
Leaving for the airport at 5:30 tomorrow, the next bog entry will be from my home computer!

Keep us in yur prayers...a very long plane ride awaits us tomorrow night. For those of you meting us in Birmingham on Thursday morning, I hope I have not snatched myself bald headed!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your journey is almost over. It has been so wonderful checking in every morning to see that beautiful baby of yours. Don't know what my 1st period class is going to do now during announcements because for the past 2 weeks we have been having our Jameson update. Guess you'll just have to blog each morning from HOME, with your baby AT HOME!!! How wonderful our God is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ALMOST there!!!! The red bow is my absolute favorite... glad to hear you've found some places to spend all that money you took... LOL... Remember, when you think you can't fly another minute... get up, walk around, pray... you WILL make it. Think about me standing there contemplating pulling the emergency hatch... Hehe... :) Benadryl and children's tylenol are you friends... Don't forget to make a picture of the plane before you leave. It may be the last time she's on Chinese soil. Just for a memory, you know. So proud for you, you are ALMOST home, girl. C you Thursday.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Will see you at the airport tommorow ! Cant wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that I missed you at the airport. Can't wait to see my new little cousin. Let me know when you will be in Glencoe. I know that you will have a lot of company right off and I don't want to add to the hecticness (is that a word?). I know that you will have a lot to do and I know that it takes a few days to get over a trip like that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete