Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Monday, October 11, 2010

WE'VE GOT HER!!!!










































































































As you can tell, we won her over pretty quickly! This was an even more emotional event than I even suspected it would be. I don't even know where to start...I guess first and foremost is the fact that she has already had corrective procedures for her club feet!! Hello? You'd think SOMEONE would have mentioned this to the adoptive family. She has had the serial castings and has a brace she is supposed to wear most hours of the day. This brace is not quite up to U.S. standards, it's a sad little thing to be exact, BUT I sooooo can't complain! I was crying and snot was flying while a woman explained how Jameson was treated by an American doctor through a Christian agency!!! I'm still blown away.
We Skyped with Brian, Owen and Justin at about 1 am Gadsden time, just as soon as we got back to the hotel with Jameson. Owen says he's just ready to hold her. I think Brian was still a little in shock! I know he can't wait to get his hands on her as well.
Anyway, this baby of mine is just a big cuddle bug, so good natured, loves to snack, loves to smile. I've already gotten her to drink some formula and she's taken a couple of cat naps. We are going downstairs to the buffet for dinner, wish us luck, then I guess Jameson will let us know what we'll be doing next.
What a difference a day makes.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, Gina! She is beautiful! God has truly blessed you along this journey. Why do we sell HIM short sometimes? He's so capable! Anyway, she's a doll and I love the hairbows. I can't wait to hold her. Praying....Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is perfect! I am going to be smiling all day just thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the bow! She is sooooo perfect! I just can't wait to love on her! What a beautiful smile :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! Jameson is beautiful... there is nothing like seeing that smile!! Will continue to pray for you all... Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't she gorgeous! Gina, she is precious... I knew she would be... Prayers have been answered. Can't wait to see more photos. Take care. Love ya.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!!!!!! Finally!!!!! LOVE THAT BOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O M G !!! I didnt realize the emotions I would have when I sat down to the computer and pulled up your blog and saw Jameson Harper Hayes !!! She is beautiful and everytime one of these babies come home it just gives me goose bumps and floods of emotions to know how good our God is and how is timming is perfect...Lv you and enjoy your baby Gina!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect little angel! Praise be to God! I'm so very excited for you and your family. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bow! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is absolutely the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am lovin the big ol bow!! I am so thrilled for the Hayes family to now be complete. What a wonderful life you are going to have!!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO Happy for you and Jameson! She already looks like such a happy baby! I could not hold back the tears just looking at her, I can't imagne when I get to see her in person! Take it all in so you can tell us everythng!
    Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! That's all I can come up with.I think she already knows how much she is loved. She is even more beautiful than your first pictures. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on her. Hugs to all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will you bring back one for me? She is so precious, Gina. Have a blessed time and savor every moment, as I'm sure you are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gina, I just sat down to the computer and saw your post about Jameson!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I am sooooo happy and excited. Gina she is beautiful, just a little angel. I know you are soooo over the moon with joy and I wish I could be there with you. What a blessed, happy, joyful time this is, Thank you dear God for precious Jameson. Can't wait to see more pictures and posts :=) Love, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited for your family....and her, Lili and Alleigh will be awesome friends.....cant wait to meet her.... The Kiser's

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy for the whole family. Brian was smiling ear to ear when i ask about ya'll at church. Owen is going to be the best big brother. Now you just to get her home and to church so we can love on her

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gina, this isn't Braydon...It's Jana...She is adorable!!=) I love her little smile and of course the hair bow! She is such a lucky little girl to have you as her mommy! Can't wait to meet her! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gina,
    I am sitting here crying tears of joy for you! I am so glad you have her safe in your arms! God is blessing your family so much. Hurry up and get home so I can kiss her little face.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO excited for your awesome news!! She is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. By the way Charli Grace can't get enough of looking at Jameson. She wants to know why she is "nekid." Keep those beautiful pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Gina !!!!! Now that I'm all snoty and teary eyed....I can finally see the keys to type this message. She is PERFECT !!!!!! Oh my goodness that sweet little smile. I know your in love, I'm so happy for the entire family. What a blessing, the Lord is so faithful, I got chills when I read the entry about Harry, He was your angel. Praying safety and comfort for you all. We love you and can't wait to meet this little princess...."Love The Bow Girl" !!! P.S. I have a pretty excited 6 yr old that wants to type you a message...he has talked about you soooo much this weekend,and even prayed for your safety during our dinnertime blessing, it was the sweetest thing. He loves you so much...So here he is. hello mrs hayes its griffin. how is your baby? she is cute. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gina, she is beautiful! God is so awesome in how he works! He has orchestrated this out for His perfect plan. Praying for a safe time their and return home for you three. I can't wait to hold her and kiss on those cute cheeks.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete