Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Red Couch Day, Sunday, October 17th




















Sunday in Guanzhou...

We started the day with the fabulous White Swan breakfast buffet. I love their french toast, Jameson prefers the tater tots. After breakfast, all of the Great Wall Adoption families had the traditional Red Couch photo. Not all the kids were feelin' it, including Jameson. About half were in tears. But J. perked right up when she was back in her mom's arms. =-)

We went and toured the Chen family temple and shopped some withe Anne and her daughter Isabelle. Diane, J and I went to Lucy's for dinner, famous for their more "western" fare. Jameson likes their french fries, I think she's going to want Owen to make his famous instant potatoes for her!

Going to the American Consulate tomorrow, just one more step closer to bringing my baby girl home.
Thanks to all of you for lifting us up in your prayers,

Gina

5 comments:

  1. She is so cute, and I Love her already.
    Love and Miss you Mrs. Hayes.
    Kinslee Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red couchies... so cute! I know you're not tired of hearing it yet... but she is so stinking cute, Gina! You are almost finished, girl... and you are doing great! After that consulate appointment, you are homeward bound. I am so happy you aren't having to stay as long as we did... I hit a wall about the time you are getting to leave and come home. Lucky you... Anyways... thanks for all the sweet pics, I've loved every one of them. I know exactly where ya'll are sitting in the White Swan... right in front of the waterfall in the main lobby, right? LOL... have you bought any shoes? :)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, still anticipating the pics and the updates each day. I've already confirmed with Brian that you're still set for 8:30 Thursday morning. Oh, what a day of rejoicing it will be! LOL! Sounds like an old hymn doesn't it? Anyway, you look so happy and Jameson does as well. I know it's been a long journey but I'm lifting you up daily in my prayers and trusting God to see you through. Miss you so much! Give Jameson a kiss for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counting down the days till you are all home! I have so enjoyed your posts and pictures every morning. I know you can't wait to get her home and show her off. God Is So Good! Love you and will see you soon. K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a place to store all those bows? LOL!

    ReplyDelete