Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Monday, October 11, 2010

Gotcha Day continues...into Day 2

This is some important guy that was doing something with our group's paperwork. No, I didn't always ask questions, I just did what our guide, Michelle, said. We signed some documents on these very coffee tables. But I am assured they are all legal and binding. I'm assuming the Nanchang people are a very laid back bunch.

MeMe kept Jameson occupied (with snacks) while I was doing paperwork on the afternoon that we got her. She gets a little overzealous with the puffs. She loves all kinds of toys, they keep her attention for a long time. She's very curious, always checking out what's going on around her. She's not a fan of the bath, though. Or having her diaper changed. So many of the Chinese people we see on the street or in the hotel will stop and touch her face and smile, Jameson will give them her biggest smile.

Jameson has been Skyping with her daddy, Owen and Uncle Justin quite regularly. Auntie Farrah better be getting in on one soon. She loves to look at and bang on the computer. Brian can't get enough of her. He's so excited. Owen has called the first feeding when we get home. He's going to be a great big brother and she will be crazy about him. I can't wait for them to see her.

Nana and PawPaw Bill got to Skype with us last night.

I'm not so keen on being here so long, but I am so glad to see where she's from and China is fascinating. Saw some construction around the corner, framing the building up with bamboo. No traffic lights, which makes for aninteresting ride. And its the land of the moped, that the entire family will be on, including baby.

J. just woke from a nap, more later!
































































Could you not just eat her up??? That smile just melts me and MeMe.







She's not crazy about the headband and bow if she knows I've put it on her, but I'll staple it if I have to. Thanks for all the training, Aunts Haley, Ashley and Allison!!




































































































































































Going to and in Chinese Walmart. And yes, all the pictures you've seen on the internet are realistic. I mean, hey, "Diarrhea, Aisle 9", right next to the Nutritious Noodles. We felt a little like celebrities, with EVERY SINGLE PERSON staring at us. Most everyone would smile, wishing us well.












You may notice I'm "glistening" in every single photo. Jameson has on the hat because it was a bit windy and we did not want to be stoned in the square. Oh, the Chinese and their ways. But I have been a sweathog the whole time we've been here. My hat is off to Ashley and Griff Fairley and Sherry Kelly for braving southern China in July. October is bad enough!





















9 comments:

  1. Gina, we're missing you like crazy at home but the wait was certainly worth it all! She is 100% perfect! So glad we're able to get a glimpse of her in China. I just want to squeeze that precious thing. She looks like she's been with you forever and seems to be adjusting well. Tell her that Aunt Allison said... she's gotta keep the bows in. That's a law- that 's what I told Molly when she was little! LOL!! Anyway, keep the pics coming. It's the only thing getting us through. Be safe. Luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this child! I have shown her pictures off to everyone I know! I even sent a mass email at school! I will be on skype tonight. I am cooking for Justin, Brian, and Owen tonight, so I will be there for all of the skype sessions. Yay!! I miss ya'll soo much. I am still addicted to buying our sweet little girl clothes. She will soon receive a winter coat that will match her Sunday dresses perfectly. I love you guys! I will see you tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, Jameson is my personal alarm clock! I can't wait to get up and see new pictures each morning!! She is so beautiful and seems to have adjusted so well to you already. I can't wait to see a picture of her with that sweet big brother!! Will continue to pray you through China. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jameson, I could just eat you up! Gina and Diane, you look fab "glistening" or not. We are so so happy for you. It was just meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see everything is going great. Jameson looks so very happy and relaxed with you and Diane... she seems like a happy little baby. Can't stop thinking about ya'll and knowing that you are taking all this in... The pink cap is fabulous... we must have one of those!!! LOL... thanks for all the pics... don't you just LOVE the Chinese Wal-Mart... very, very interesting. :)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm LOVING it! Keep the posts coming. Prayers are with you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful Gina, keep posting those updates and pics.. Love your sling..Great bonding!!
    Love
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina, she is just so beautiful and perfect! She looks like she has taken you right in as her mommy as if you are all she has ever known, so sweet. I'm so happy for ya'll. I look forward to getting on here to see new pics and updates from you. I can't wait to hold her!
    Everything is great at school with your class. We miss you but are so glad you are getting to be with Jameson and explore Chinese Walmarts (haha)
    Continue to have a wonderful trip with your new baby girl.
    Love ya,
    Rach
    Praying for a safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I told you she has your eyes! Went CVSing today! Great coupons! You're gonna need them for diapers and formula with all the clothes you've bought! Saving them all for you! I put her picture up as my screen saver in the office today. Everyone at school is so happy for you! Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete