Journey to Jameson

About Us

We are the Hayes family-- Brian, Gina, Owen and Jameson. Our son, Owen, is twelve years old and loves hunting and fishing with his dad and drumming in his two bands. We are so very proud of our new addition, Jameson Harper Hayes, the daughter and sister that completes our family.

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey
home across time and miles, growing within
the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed
among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson

Sunday, October 10, 2010

In for the night

We just got back from eating dinner. Diane and I had noodles. Essentially, they were ramen noodles. Very good, very safe. We both ate for a little over $3.00. Nice. Saving money for all the good shopping in Guangzhou. We went with another couple in our group. Very nice Christian people from Tampa. There's another lady coming in tonight. She is traveling alone, so Diane and I are going to help her out when we can. I'm so glad to have Diane here with me, being alone would be scary. If only you guys could here the honking outside...the van ride to our hotel was terrifying. If you've ever been in taxi in Mexico, same thing.
Missing everyone, Owen was gone when I Skyed with Brian earlier. Going to call my mom in a little bit. It's almost bedtime for us. We slept on the long flight to China, but this bed is calling my name.
The baby bed is all made up and waiting on Jameson. It's a lovely, blue metal contraption, but she's got the rest of her life for fancy.
Gotcha Day tomorrow!!
I am so blessed!!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are safe and sound. Thank goodness for the angels among us! We are praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see Jameson! I am so glad that you guys are safe and that you are going to get to sleep before "baby time." I am praying for both of you to recover quickly from any and all jetlag. We miss you! We love you!
    Justin and Farrah

    PS. Don't tell Diane that Alabama lost to South Carolina. She will be very sad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. I so remember the feeling of exhaustion wrapped up in total excitement about meeting our little Mia. Words fail me now... there just isn't any way to sum up what is about to happen. It is nothing short of a miracle to be joined with this little one across the world. I'm going to praying without ceasing for you and Diane... God is with you. Love you, girl.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to hear from you! Looks like you're doing great in the technology department! LOL! I know it's almost time... We're praying for all of you and anticipating the day we can hold that sweet baby! Give her a kiss from Alabama until then.... Love you bunches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears roll down my face as I read this! How many times have we stood in the hallways of HBES and dreamed of this moment with you? The HBES Family welcomes Jameson Harper Hayes into the HBES Family. Welcome little one! Oh, the stories we will share about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooooo excited!!!! I'll be looking at your blog regularly for updates, Gina.

    ReplyDelete